My Ph.D. students
- Klaas Dijkstra. Keywords: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, UAVs
- Emmanuel Okafor. Keywords: Deep Learning, Computer Vision, UAVs
- Pry Pawara. Keywords: Deep Learning, Image Recognition
- Amir Shantia. Keywords: Robot Learning, Computer Vision
Supervisor of graduated Ph.D. students
- Mahir Faik Karaaba. Keywords Face Recognition, Machine Learning. Finished his Ph.D. thesis: Face Recognition in Low Resolution Images under Small Sample Conditions with Face-Part Detection and Alignment on 30 September 2016.
- Olarik Surinta. Keywords Machine Learning, Handwritten Character Recognition. Finished his Ph.D. thesis: Multi-Script Handwritten Character Recognition Using Feature Descriptors and Machine Learning on 23 September 2016.
- Jelmer de Vries. Keywords: Human Vision. Finished his Ph.D. thesis: "Leading the way to the target: Eye Movements in Visual Search" on 8 September 2011.
- Hado van Hasselt. Hado van Hasselt Keywords: Reinforcement Learning. Finished his Ph.D. thesis entitled "Insights in Reinforcement Learning" on the 17th of January, 2011.
- Azizi Abdullah. Keywords: Machine vision, Machine Learning. Finished his Ph.D. entitled Supervised Learning Algorithms for Visual Object Categorization on the 9th of November, 2010.
- Martijn van Otterlo. Keywords:
Relational Reinforcement Learning. Finished his Ph.D. entitled ``The Logic
of Adaptive Behavior'' on 30th May 2008.
Member of Ph.D. Committees
- Sheng He, University of Groningen, The Netherlands, 2017
- Adnane Ez-Zizi, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, 2016
- Marijn Stollenga, IDSIA, Switzerland, 2016
- Giorgios Karafotias, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2016
- Saba Yahyaa, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2015
- Marcin Szubert, Poznan University of Technology, Poland, 2014
- Phuong Minh Nguyen, Australian National University, Canberra, 2013.
- Abdel Rodriquez, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2012.
- Mohammad Azar, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, 2012.
- Sun Yi, IDSIA Lugano, Switzerland, 2012.
- Yann-Michael de Hauwere, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, 2012.
- Harm van Seijen, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2011.
- Joost Westra, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2011.
- Joel Veness, University of New South Wales, Australia, 2011.
- Tijn van der Zant, University of Groningen, The Netherlands, 2010.
- Frans Oliehoek, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2010.
- Fransesco Burges with Ph.D. thesis: Parse Selection with Support Vector Machines. Febuary 2010.
- Robby Goetschalckx with Ph.D. thesis: The Use of Domain Knowledge in Reinforcement Learning. September 2009.
- Shane Legg with Ph.D. thesis: Machine Super Intelligence. June 2008.
- Jurriaan van Diggelen with Ph.D. thesis: Achieving Semantic
Interoperability in Multi-agent Systems: A Dialogue-based Approach, 21-3-2007
- Matthijs Spaan with Ph.D. thesis: Approximate planning under uncertainty
in partially observable environments, 20-10-2006
- Bram Bakker with Ph.D. thesis: The State of Mind, 29-01-2004
- Stephan ten Hagen with Ph.D. thesis: Continuous State Space Q-Learning
for Control of Nonlinear Systems, 21-02-2001