Esprit Project 8579/MIAMI (Schomaker et al., '95)
- Unfortunately, Charwat does not describe the
experiments leading to this numbers!
- (Intelligent) Agents are also the topic of
- Or, in most cases, an input device with additional output
- These are
especially relevant to sense vibrations.
- An exception which will not be
further investigated here is an output device for the blind. Small pins
or needles are used to output text in the braille language.
- Obviously, the name
``joystring'' has been derived from the two words ``joystick'' and
- In the meantime, Massie founded his own
company which manufactures the PHANToM. Its price is US$ 19,500, which
is cheap compared to other ones.
- Note that this delay sensitivity is much
more accurate in the case of a punctual event, such as a hammer hitting
an anvil, where the range is from 75 ms before to 190 ms after.
- This last case is adopted
in the SoundCage IDMS, a joint project of SoundCage Ltd. and the DIST
Computer Music Lab.
- This is obviously not true for blind people, which are not
considered further within this section.
- Usually 5--10, but at least
15 are necessary for each parameter combination in order to compensate
for statistical errors (see, e.g., .
- Fitts' law states that the movement time
(MT) of a target-oriented movement to an object with width W
and distance D depends linearly on the index of
difficulty (): , with a,b = constant,
- This is
a very advanced task and it is not clear at the moment whether it may
be realized, but the technical equipment (mobile robot PRIAMOS
with vision system KASTOR) is available at the University of
Karlsruhe, see also 6.2 .
- Their definition of multimodality can be found
in 1.1.4 , page 1.1.4 .
- Compare this to the design space of Frohlich,
page 4.1 .
- Which is exactly what we are going to do in
- In this model the user is an
agent as well as several ``intelligent'' processes running on the
is also the coauthor of the article reviewed in the following
- Or even
some time ahead as a kind of prediction mechanism.
- The series is produced by Canal Plus
Thu May 18 16:00:17 MET DST 1995